What Moms Are Saying
Recent clients from SHNFP stated the following:
How do you feel about having a nurse visit you?
I feel “cared for” because “I know that my questions, comments, and concerns are being met in a safe and comfortable environment.” -H.K.
This is what I like best about this program and our visits:
“I am really appreciative that it can be done in my own home, and I am very grateful for the vast knowledge and effort that has been put into my learning, expanding both our resources about twins, and building a genuine rather than generic relationship with my nurse.” -H.K.
“We would like to tell you that your visits have really made a difference in our lives. Bringing a child into this world is certainly not an easy task, especially for first time parents. Thus, every advice you have given us—no matter how small it might seem to be—has helped us become better parents”. – Ana
Sam and Karen
“I really had no idea what Nurse-Family Partnership would offer. After meeting Karen that first day, she explained the program is there to prepare me to have my baby and we would discuss topics I wanted to learn about. I thought, ‘I am about to have a baby on my own, I need the help!’” said Sam
The relationship Karen and Sam built has helped Sam learn to take on life’s moments, one thing at a time. “Learning I was pregnant was scary at first. I knew it wasn’t going to be easy,” said Sam. “I thought, ‘Oh boy what did I get myself into. I have to bathe her on my own and get up in the middle of the night.’” Sam realized she was beginning a journey that would be both rewarding and difficult, but with Karen’s help she learned to take on each moment as it happened.
SHNFP in the News
- Nurse-Family Partnership stands with Minnesota moms to fight COVID, racism, poverty (from MINNPOST)
- Program offers first-time moms Supporting Hands (from Litchfield Independent Review)
- Program for first-time mothers offered in Pope County (from Pope County Tribune): PCT-1-6-20-A-001 PCT-1-6-20-A-002
- Pregnant for the first time? Extra help is available (from hutchinsonleader.com)
- Healthy partnership: program pairs up new moms, nurses (from the McLeod Chronicle)
Moms Voices on Nurse-Family Partnership